It is located 60 km from the city of Satu Mare, at the border with Maramureş and Sălaj counties. The house was built around 1880-1885 by craftsmen from Cristur (Sălaj county) and it was transformed into a museum in 1997. It wears the name of its founder, Sipos László (1948-1997). It is a typical house of this area, being built for wealthier people. It has a rectangular plan, and it was built perpendicular to the street, on a foundation of bricks and stones. The thick walls were built of fired brick alternating with mud bricks. It is surrounded on three sides by a U-shaped porch, supported by 14 octagonal pillars. The house comprises of three rooms. First, the front room is furnished as a clean room with traditional furniture, costumes and textiles. The second room is the entrance hall of the house and it hosts an exhibition on local history. The last room is the living room fit with specific furniture, pottery and pieces used in weaving.