The exhibition is enclosed within 5 halls of the Roman Catholic Cathedral "Ascension of the Lord" in Satu Mare. It was opened on 20 August 2008. The cathedral is listed as monument (SM-II-mA-05225) and dated between 1830 and 1837. On this exact site had been built between 1768 -1798 a Baroque parish church. Rebuilding and expanding the Church became necessary in 1804 through the establishment of new bishopric of Satu Mare. The present Cathedral built in Neoclassical style was developed during bishop János Ham between the 1830 -1837. Though not documented some experts believe that it is the work of architect József Hild. The Basilica type Church is oriented East to West. It encloses three naves and an elongated semicircular choir towards the East. The external aspect of the Cathedral is determined by the main facade that forges its monumental aspect. The old vestry opens a side entrance from December 1, 1918 str. into the Diocesan Museum. The museum gathers a collection of sacred art: objects of worship, textiles, religious garments , cups, monstrance, reliquaries as well as art objects: paintings, sculptures, some emanating from Meszlenyi Bishop Julius’ collection and the rest from the parishes of Satu Mare Diocese.