According to the data from "Domus Historia", the church of the Franciscan monastery was built between 1804 and 1835 by the engineer Constantin Scmidt. In his Bule from 1444, pope Eugen the IVth speaks about the reconstruction of the church. In 1448, there was a gothic church holding 8 shrines. Its construction was finished in 1448 with help from Ioannes Corvinus Hunyady and it became the prototype for the Ciuc/Csíkszék/ churches of the second half of the XV century. The church was heavily damaged during the Tartar invasions from 1563, 1600 – 1601, 1604, 1661, 1694. Between 1647 and 1649 extensive restoration works have been carried. In 1802, the old church has been demolished and ,on the old foundations, the construction of the new church was commenced, using the material resulted from the demolition. It also suffered damages following 1940 earthquake, which were repaired in 1942, when the walls consolidation was performed. The church was built in classical Baroque style, having a large nave, an apse and two high towers. The entry is divided by pilasters and, under it can be found the gallery - choir. The big nave is 12 meters high. Its walls are divided by pilasters which are delimitating, this way, three niches. It has a large naos with an impressive shrine. The shrine is raised and it has the shape of a canopy with a crown. The column heads and the headrails, the gaps and windows' frames, the the apse bulwark grid, carved in wrought iron, they are all made in Baroque style. The interior decorations, the sculpted shrines, the walls paintings are entirely Baroque. The main facade is raised until the roof structure level. The tower and the other facades are identical. Under the church there are the cripts of the ancient church, having lots of burial places. The oldest date indicated on a tomb is 1686. The church owns paintings of Papp Miklos, painter from Brasov/ Kronstadt. In the frame of the old churche's entry was painted a crucification scene, dated. The church had a tryptych shrine and, today, this was dismembered and its parts can be found: the central panel - at the National museum from Budapest, the two sided panels - at the Art Museum from Budapest and the predella - at the History Museum in Cluj.The Saint John chapel was built in 1767. Its main facade is aligned with the surrounding wall. It has a rectangular shape and has only one room. It's covered with a vault with double courvature. It has a high roof structure and on the edge is erected a small steeple tower. It has only a vaulted entry and, on the main facade a pulpit which can be accessed from the interior.